Tonight is the night change can begin, with Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream. It’s the first and only overnight scar cream specifically formulated to work while you sleep.
During sleep our bodies work harder to reverse the skin damage caused during the day, repairing and regenerating skin cells at a faster rate.
Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream is formulated to complement this nighttime activity with Tripeptol™, a skin-nourishing complex with peptides, collagen, and antioxidants to promote healthy looking skin and help your skin fight free radical damage.
Once-nightly application is clinically shown to make scars smaller and less visible, and can begin to bring noticeable results in as little as 14 nights.1
Now, the last thing you think about at night makes your scar the last thing you think about during the day.
Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream should be evenly applied and gently massaged into the scar once nightly until fully absorbed for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma® PM as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma® immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.
Results take time
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see improvement right away. Generally, Mederma® PM users start to see noticeable improvement within 2-4 weeks of use and optimum improvement in 8 weeks, but every scar is different, so yours may take a bit more time.
Mederma® PM is available in a 1 oz. tube in the first aid aisle and a 1.7 oz jar in the skin care aisle.
To view full Drug Facts and Product Ingredients, click here.
- For external use only
- When using this product, do not get into eyes
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
- Do not use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream?
- Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream is the first and only scar cream formulated to work at night, when skin naturally regenerates faster. Mederma® PM is clinically shown to improve the size, color, texture, and overall appearance of scars.
- What makes Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream different from other Mederma® products?
- Mederma® PM includes Tripeptol™ to complement the increased nighttime regeneration of your skin. Tripeptol™ contains peptides, collagen, and antioxidants to help your skin fight free radical damage while you sleep. Plus, it’s the first and only nighttime scar treatment.
- Are results guaranteed?
- Yes. If you’ve been using Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream for at least 8 weeks for new scars (or 3-6 months for older scars), and are not happy with the results, print and complete this form and send it to us with the original receipt for a refund of the purchase price, excluding any taxes or other fees. If you have questions about the Mederma® Money Back Guarantee, please call 1-888-925-8989.
- Who should use Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream?
- Anyone with an old or new scar can use Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream. However, some people may be sensitive to its ingredients, so if you experience swelling, scar discoloration or severe itching, stop using Mederma® PM immediately. If symptoms persist contact your doctor.
- Where can I find Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream?
- To find a retailer in your area that carries Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream, or to purchase online, visit the Where to Buy page. Look for Mederma® PM in the first aid or skin care aisle.
- Does Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream make scars disappear?
- No product can make scars disappear completely. But Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream can help them appear softer, smoother, and less noticeable.
- My Mederma® box says, “do not use on open wounds.” At what point is my wound considered completely closed?
- A wound is completely closed when the scab falls off or the stitches are removed. You can begin to use Mederma® as soon as there is no visible scab where the wound occurred or your stitches have been removed. While there is still a scab or stitches present, keep the wound clean and covered – this will speed healing time and help reduce the appearance of the resulting scar.
- Can I use Mederma® PM with other products and medicines?
- You can safely use Mederma® PM with other cosmetic products like lotions and makeup. Please consult your healthcare professional before using Mederma® with other topical (on the skin) products that you purchase with a prescription.
- If I use Mederma® PM on my face to treat acne scars, will it cause me to break out?
- Mederma® PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream is dermatologist tested, non-greasy, non-staining, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and safe for sensitive skin. However, everyone’s skin reacts differently to new products. Your best bet is to test Mederma® PM on a small part of your chest or back to see if you have a reaction to the product. If you do not have a reaction, you can then use it on scars as you see fit.
- What is Cepalin®?
- Cepalin® is the proprietary botanical extract in all Mederma® products. It’s part of the Mederma® formula that works to improve the overall appearance, texture, and color of scars.
- What happens if I miss an application of Mederma® PM on my scar?
- For the best results on your scar, you should try to apply your Mederma® PM nightly as directed. If you miss applications frequently, it will take longer to see results. If you’re concerned about forgetting to use it regularly, sign up for the Mederma® reminder program. It’s a great resource for the forgetful and the diligent alike to be sure you keep up with your Mederma® applications, and it offers new tips and facts about skin and scars.
If you would like to rate this product, use the stars beneath the product image shown above.
Photogrammetric analysis of scientifically matched, high-resolution photographs shows a 31% reduction in the size of scars after just two weeks, and a 50% reduction in size after the full 8-week course of therapy.1
Reverse Photo Engineering Scar Area Analysis - Treated vs. Untreated Scar at Week 81
- 1. Data on file. May 2013.